Sunday 3 April 2011

Simply Stampin' challenge 1

Good Morning!

Happy Mother's day!!

It's a bit grey here, so it's the perfect excuse to shut yourself away and lose yourself in a bit of crafting.
I never need an excuse to get a bit crafty, I like to think of Sunday's as my craft day. At the moment I seem to have more cards to make than Sunday's to make them in, but never fear, I've got next week off work, so I can get crafty then, I also have my first real workshop this Wednesday! Wish me luck, I'm a little bit nervous, but it's with friends so I'm sure they'll be gentle with me.

I was getting a bit bored of my blog background so I decided it was time for a change. What do you think?
It took a bit of jigging around but I'm quite happy with it.

Now onto a card, I was looking through my favourites (all other crafty blogs, hee hee) and stumbled across a link for a new challenge blog called Simply Stampin'. As I still needed to make my boyfriend's mum a Mothers day card I thought I'd give the sketch challenge a go.


This card uses a brand new product from the mini the gorgeous Beautiful Wings Embosslit, it's great value at just £10.50, this little beauty not only cuts out the cutest little butterflies but it embosses them at the same time!! I've teamed them with the Elegant soiree papers, love these, they are all my favourites colours in one pretty pack.

Here's the recipe
Stamps, Occasional greetings
Papers, Chocolate chip CS, Marina mist CS, Elegant soiree paper pack
Ink, Chocolate chip
Accessories, Beautiful wings Embosslits, rhinestones, Marina mist satin ribbon, scallop circle punch, scallop trim border punch, white gel pen.

Don't forget if you place an order with me before 7th April you'll get 10% off so you could get your hands on these gorgeous butterflies for just £9.45!

Happy stampin'

11 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

What a lovely card, a great take on this weeks sketch,
Thanks for joining in with Simply Stampin' Challenges and good luck!
Hugs xx

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful card, hope you enjoy your week off

Caroline said...

Congratulations on being the very first person to join in our very first Simply Stampin' Challenge, and what a way to start with such a lovely card. Thank you for taking part and good luck! x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous! The butterflies are so delicate. I have this on order, can't wait to play with them! Thanks so much for taking part in our very first Simply Stampin Challenge.....x

Amanda Burditt said...

This is a very sweet card! Love the butterflies...they really do go amazingly with the Elegant Soiree dsp dont they?!

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Becky said...

Thanks for entering the Simply Stampin' Challenge, I love how you have used the elegant soiree papers!
B x

Ruth M said...

Oooooh, very nice, lovely layout and colours!

Niki Rowland said...

Lovely card, I love these papers and the new butterflies are really cute! Thanks for joining in at the Simply Stampin' Challenge and for being our first every entry! Niki x

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining Simply stampin' Challenge, your card is beautiful. I love those new embosslit butterflies.

Elaine said...

Stunning card -love the papers and the butterflies work so well with it.