Friday 22 April 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Wedding

Hello,

Well it's the start of the Easter bank holiday weekend, which for me means extra crafty time, as I only really get chance to get creative at the weekends.

Today I have teamed a challenge with a card I have been asked to make, well not really teamed I was asked to make a wedding card and the challenge this fortnight at Crafty Cardmakers is a wedding card with at optional extra of red, white and blue, for a royal twist. I have just stuck to wedding.

Here's my card


I borrowed the Full Heart Punch from Lou (thanks Lou!) to make the bride and groom, I heat embossed the flourish from Baroque Motifs with Versamark ink and sponged some Champagne mist shimmer paint over it to give it a bit of sparkle, don't know if you can see that well in this picture. The background is the flourish from this year's SAB set Bliss, stamped repeatedly using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig, I don't know what I would do with out this handy little tool!

The recipe
Stamps, Baroque motifs, Bliss SAB
Paper, whisper white CS, Basic black CS
Ink, Staz on, Versamark
Accessories, Full Heart punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Shimmer paint, Sponge dauber, Pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, Scallop border punch.

Hopefully this time I've read the brief for this challenge properly unlike last time when, I missed off half of the requirements!! Oops.

Happy Craftin'
xx

2 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Kelly, love this gorgeous creation. What a great idea with the hearts and a very elegant background you've created. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Donna x

Jacki Daniels said...

Kelly this is beautiful love the colour and layout
thanks for joining us at CCM
Jacki xx