Saturday 9 April 2011

sentiment focus challenge

Well it's Saturday so that can only mean one thing, challenge time!

This mornings challenge was very tricky indeed I've found with the Less is More challenges that thinking of the idea takes longer than making the cards, or it does in my case, actually that seems to happen a lot!

Today's challenge is a one layered card, that's main focus is a sentiment. I instantly thought of the sentiment from the Sense of time stamp set, but I had no idea how I would make the card, simple without being plain.
Here's what I came up with


I don't know if you can see but I have used my spritzing tool to add a little texture to this card, however I didn't want it to distract from the main image so I spritzed from quite far away. I also used the gorgeous clock face and cute little cogs, as well as some chocolate chip satin ribbon. Hopefully I have not added too much, it is all stamped/spritzed on a single layer.

I was really nice to sit down and relax with a card today, as yesterday was spent frantically looking for my 7 month old black and white kitty Salem, who had decided that he'd wonder off. He hasn't ever been out for longer than a couple of hours without popping back to make sure someone is still here, however yesterday he decided to go missing at about 8.30am, and didn't turn up again until 4.30 this morning!

The naughty little munchkin is now fast asleep on the bed


Looking like butter wouldn't melt!

Anyway, here's what I've used on today's challenge card
Stamps, Sense of time,
Paper, Whisper white,
Ink, Chocolate chip,
Accessories, Early espresso marker, spritzing tool, chocolate chip satin ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, (post it note for masking)

Happy stampin'
xx



22 comments:

Sarn said...

Great CAS card which could be used for men or women. A win win situation!
Hugs, Sandra

Susie Sugar said...

Very elegant Kelly and great ribbon
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

nicky said...

Love your and also love the pic of your kitty we used to have a cat like that called Timmy .
Nicky

Jane said...

Very classy card with a lovely sentiment x

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely card, super image and sentiment. Great card for a guy!

Jan said...

Great card!
It's a cats life lol!
xx Jan

Helene said...

Lovely card.

Linby said...

Fab card - love the ribbon a nice touch.
Your kitty looks so peaceful with its paws wrapped around its legs.
Linbyx

Sylvie said...

I'm loving your little cat.. what a sweetie.. Your card is wonderful.
Hug
Sylvie

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card...gorgeous kitty...win/win. Lx

Dori said...

love those stamps you have used. your kittie is so cute; every kitten I ever had, always gave me a couple of scary turns (or more!)

Susan said...

Kelly, love that clock...great looking card!

Caroljenks said...

I LOVE that stamp!

Gorgeous card (and kitty!)

Carol x

Chrissie said...

Well, this is a super card, I like the brown ribbon and the spritzing was a good idea although not a lot shows up too clearly on my monitor!
I'm so glad the errant pussy cat returned! It must have been quite a worry.
Chrissie
"Less is More!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fab! great creation

Have a super day

Ali x

Aileen said...

Great CAS card meeting the challenge perfectly. x

Jen said...

Beautiful card, lovely kitty.
jenjoy x

Lynne said...

Fab card, great sentiment.
Lynne xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

what a fab image and the sentiment is perfect, love it all

Jenny said...

Great card, love the clock face stamp and the spritzing.
Jenny x

Chris said...

FAB Card love the stamp...Chrissieann xx

Joan said...

lovely clock and cogs on your card.Glad your cat came home !