Sunday 17 April 2011

Challenge - Acetate

Good Morning,

What a lovely morning it is! We've had bacon rolls while watching the formula 1, well done boys!!
Although I must admit I was sitting at my desk for the first half calling downstairs to my boyfriend when I heard the commentators voices getting high pitched and excited, to see what was going on and came down around lap 30.

Well yesterday I popped over excitedly to Less is More only to find that this weeks challenge is acetate! I made a batch of Christmas cards out of acetate last year so I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. It's extremely difficult to get a clean crisp image onto it, as it's slippery, and as I also found out not very easy to photograph. We all know that my photography skills aren't fab at the best of times so you'll have to bear with me on this one.

Here's what I came up with


I cut the back piece of card (Melon mambo CS) a little longer than I wanted and scored it so I would have something to attach the acetate to, trimmed this with a Basic black piece using the scallop trim border punch, and added some bling. Opened my card up and stamped a new set called Four Frames, and added a sentiment with my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig. I then stamped a little corner using Baroque motifs, before (trying to) stamp the same flourish onto the bottom corner of the acetate. I also added a few rhinestones to this flourish as well.

The recipe
Stamps, Four frames, Baroque motifs, Vintage labels (retired)
Paper, Melon mambo CS, Basic black CS
Ink, staz on
Accessories, Acetate, stamp-a-ma-jig, scallop trim border punch, rhinestones

Hope you're having a fab weekend!
xx

14 comments:

Shirley said...

Stunning card, so elegant. I love the colours you've used x

Mandi said...

Striking card Kelly
Love the rhinestones
When I stamp onto acetate I do it like I work in the post office, ink, then 'bomp' onto the acetate, not over pressings as normal
Technical info ha ha
Thanks for joining in, great to see you
mandi
Less is more

Dolly Daydreams said...

You did a fantastic job with this slippery medium . I love it.

Marie

Chrissie said...

I can see a little bit of your reflection in the picture...how difficult it is to photograph acetate!
It's a super card though!
Lovely colour choice!
Thanks so much for rising to the challenge!
Chrissie
"Less is more!

Ruth M said...

Gorgeous card Kelly, I LOVE pink and black together and that Baroque Motifs swirl is just so elegant. I love the addition of the bling too.

Very jealous that you have the Four Frames set, I ordered the clear mount set but they're not available yet. I so WANT that set but I'm holding out for clear mount. Can't be long now surely?!

Jenny said...

Great colour combination and a brilliant card. So striking :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Love the colours you picked for this card, and the card as a whole is gorgeous!

Susie Sugar said...

What a charming card I love the colours and the chic style too
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Susan said...

Just love the bright pink with the black...fab card!

Chris said...

Beautiful card love the colours..Chrissieann x

Lynne said...

This is fabulous and the sort of thing I had in mind for mine. Didn`t quite work out like that though Lol. Yours however is gorgeopus.
Lynne xxx

Suze Bain said...

Lovely card Kelly and a striking colour combo. x

Michelle said...

great card I love the colour combo xx

Aileen said...

Great card. The pink and black are fab. x