Monday 25 April 2011

CASE'd myself

Hello,

Another beautiful day here. It's weird to think that the weekends are longer than the working week this week!

Today's card is CASE'd from my triple combo earlier this weekend. My sister had asked me to make to card for 'Rosalind' and I liked the thought of the butterflies fluttering through grasses, that I had done in this card so I thought that I would use the same concept but use different colours this time.


I've also tried to be brave and use colours out of my comfort zone that I would not usually use, orange and yellow both scare me!
I'm pleased with the result, although getting the name central was very tricky! Thank god for my Stamp-a-ma-jig, that's all I can say!

The recipe for today's card
Stamps, Broadsheet alphabet, pocket silhouettes
Paper, Springtime Vintage DSP, Certainly celery CS, Very vanilla CS, Pumpkin pie CS
Ink, Certainly celery, More mustard, Old olive
Accessories, Beautiful wings embosslits, sponge dauber

Enjoy the last of the holiday
xx

4 comments:

Emma Williams said...

Such a lovely card and as a new follower to your blog, can't wait to see more of your work!
Emma x

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

The colors work really well together Kelly! Funny how we all stick with out comfortable colours! But its looks really good:)
love
michelle x

Ruth M said...

Oooh, this is a lovely card! The alpha looks fab paired with Pocket Silhouettes, great choice! You're really making me want the Broadsheet Alpha set!

Teri said...

Love this card Kelly - that's my favourite alpha set!

The Scallop Circle die you asked me about is 11.2cm or 4 3/8" across the widest part (scallop peaks). It's made up of 30 scallops.

Teri xxx