Sunday 3 April 2011

Less is more colour challenge

My second post today I'm on a challenge roll!

This card is for the Less is More, touch of red colour challenge.
I'm still getting used to this challenge, less is more definitely doesn't come naturally to me, but I'm having fun trying it out.

Here is my entry for this week


Again it uses the Beautiful Wings embosslits die, I really love the dimension that you get with this piece of kit.
As I mentioned I Find Less is more quite challenging, once I had finished this card, I wasn't completely happy with it is I went back and added a little more, I'm not sure if it would still qualify now but I'm happier with it this way.


What do you think? There is still quite a lot of white space so fingers crossed it's still ok for the challenge.

Here's the recipe
Stamps, Friendly Words Jumbo wheel, Because I care,
Paper, Basic black CS, Real red CS, shimmery white CS
Ink, Basic black
Accessories, Beautiful wings embosslits die, rhinestones

Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx



25 comments:

Jess S said...

I think you could have gotten away without the newsprint on the side.... i like both versions of the card though, so thanks for sharing!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab! looks great both ways!

Ali x

Mandi said...

Hi Kelly
Stunning card and I prefer the one with the added gems and sentiment
Just the gems lift the butterfly and give it more dimension to me
Thanks for your entry
mandi
"Less is More"

Rosemary said...

both cards are lovely!

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards

Anne

Zoe Tant said...

Great entries Kelly. Sorry to beat you on the motorcycle. I'm sure yours would have been fab just like these. Zoƫ

Rita said...

Stunning cards. TFS. Hugs Rita xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love the panel of text. Its a great contrast with the softness of the butterflies. Lx

Chrissie said...

You may have noticed by now that Mandi likes her bling... I like both cards with bling and without.
Thanks for a superb submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

I agree with you that the sentiment ties it all together. It is very hard to leave lots of white space but I think your card fits the bill. x

Viv said...

Lovely cards - I like the additon on the second one!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kelly, as promised I've popped over from Docrafts to take a look at your lovely blog. You banner and background are really very nice. And, of course, your cards are excellent. I do like the Stampin Up style which seems to be more often than not clean and simple - where did you learn to make your cards? Does SU train you before you become a demonstrator? Anyway, you will see I'm now a follower and if you want to check out my blog the address is http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com
Happy crafting, Elizabeth xx

Anonymous said...

Great cards! x

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The gems add that bit of glamour too. I love the design x

Suze Bain said...

Super cards Kelly, I like it with the sentiment. x

Seafield Jo said...

These are lovely cards, very stylish. Jo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Really like these, for some reason they reminded me of a tuxedo suit!!!!!!!!! - sorry I don't know!

Susan said...

Kelly...I really like the second card best..the addition of the sentiment and the bling livens it up a bit!

Jackie said...

Both are beautiful. I am one who often does not put a sentiment on cards so either would be good :o)
Jackie xx

Ruth M said...

Lovely cards Kelly, who can resist those beautiful butterflies?! I have to say I prefer the second card, it seems more balanced. That's my two pennorth anyway LOL!

pickle said...

both lovely but I prefer the second one also. defintely more balanced x

Viv said...

Great card, I like the second card better too I think :O) Viv xx

Kim S said...

I just love the text down the side.

Jenny said...

Fab card with or without bling. Really like the text border :)
Jennie X

Maggie said...

Lovely cards liking the bling, nice to meet you and thanks for visiting my blog.