Saturday 16 April 2011

Crafty cardmakers challenge - YELLOW!!

Good Morning!

Well it's Saturday morning so that means I must be making some cards for challenges!
I searched the Internet for challenges, Although I only started doing them a couple of weeks ago I'm completely hooked, and found a challenge that I haven't tried before called Crafty Cardmakers.

The challenge this time is that the main colour should be yellow, eek! This along with orange is my least favourite colour, I'm a little scared of it, but that's why it's called a challenge.
I wrote down 'yellow' on my pad that I keep on the computer desk for ideas and inspiration, and scurried away to my craft desk.

Here's what I came up with


I have been asked to make a few baby cards, so I thought that this gorgeous pale yellow called So Saffron would be perfect, this background paper has tiny little bunnies on it, from the Nursery suite paper pack. I have also snuck in a little Regal rose and Chocolate chip. It's hard to see (sorry my dodgy photography skills once again) but the striped rosette paper is also these three colours.

Now I;'ve just popped back over to the Crafty Cardmakers website and my heart sank, I hadn't read the rest of the rules for the challenge, it also required, ribbon, stitching and gems, normally all three of these feature in most of my cards but today, I have gone for buttons, doodling, and a strip of the same striped paper used for the rosette to tie it in.

I hope the ladies over at Crafty Cardmakers will forgive me, I must remember to read all the rules before running off to make my entry next time!!

The recipe for this card
Stamps, Baby Tees wheel, Whimsical words (last year's SAB)
Paper, Nursery suite speciality papers, Chocolate chip CS, Regal rose CS, Pink pirouette CS, Very vanilla CS
Ink, Regal rose, delightful daffodil, chocolate chip
Accessories, scallop border punch, scallop circle punch, scallop trim border punch, white gel pen, dimensionals, designers buttons, Bitty buttons.

Hope you like it, back soon
xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning Kelly,

That is a lovley card hun, shame about missing out on the ribbon, gems and stitching, we all do things like that, I made a card for a LOTV and wrote it down like you, went off to do something and came back to make the card and used a cute image but it wasnt an LOTv, so we all do it lol, but its a brill card and I love the flower that you have used - Do come back on mondays and have another try hun, we have the spotlight once a fortnite and the main challenge running on the other fortnight. Look forward to seeing you again really soon

Thanks for playin with us at Crafty Cardmakers xx

Hugs
Judie xx

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I had a good giggle at what you wrote, LOL. You do get Brownie Points for your honesty. Hope to see you again soon at Crafty Cardmakers.
Jack xx

gillyflower said...

ooops
never mind at least you had a go
come back this week and have another crack at it we have loads of different types of challenges so you are bound to find plenty to challenge you. we have the 2 blogs running one challenge and the other spotlight so don't miss out pop over and have a look at both
thanks for entering our challenge at crafty cardmakers and hope you will come play again soon
gill x

Jacki Daniels said...

Kelly we all do things like this from time to time I have even been known to be too late for the challenge but no worries thanks for joining us at CCM and as the others have said please come back
Jacki xx