Friday 3 February 2012

Forever Young with ColourQ

Good morning,

As soon as I saw this weeks colour combo over at ColourQ I knew I wanted to join in, I don't tend to use much Red but I like the colour so I thought, let's have a go!

Here is the colour palette for this week


Aren't those wooden heart gorgeous! I know these colours are calling out to make a valentines card with but I've already made my man his card, so I thought I would use the colours to make my friends birthday card.


I sponged Real Red around the Crumb Cake layer before stamping the tree from Forever Young in Basic Black, white ribbon was wrapped around to ground the tree. I then layered this onto a Basic Black matt. I then set to work stamping the frame in Regal Rose, Real Red and Basic Black, and my eyes went squiffy as I cut each frame out. I finished off the card with a greeting from the retired Plane and Simple set, cut with the Word Window punch and accented with an antique brad.

I saw a similar tag made on the internet a while back a remembered the lined up frames, but I'm afraid I can't remember where I saw it.

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow for the next Simply Stampin' challenge!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

A lovely birthday card for your friend, Kelly! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Suzanne Bier said...

Elegant and sweet card, Kelly! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card.

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling! Love the trio of sweet frames and the single framed image!!