Saturday 5 November 2011

Colour Combo Time

Good Morning,

This week over at Simply Stampin', your challenge should you choose to accept it (I hope you will!) is a colour challenge.
Now those of you who know me will know that I have an orange phobia, and my first thought as I found out which colours we were working with this week was eeekk!
But I calmly sat down with the colours in my lap and started to look through the catalogue to find colour matching stash that I have ( I find it easier to look through the catalogue than search through my craft room), I wanted to use my new Young Vermillion stamp, so I also had that in mind.


Here's what I came up with, I started by stamping my Young Vermillion birdie, I got the Many Marvelous Markers for my birthday just over a week ago, so I HAD to use those! Water colouring, that's what my birdie needed, this was soooo much easier than I thought it would be any any detail that I lost I roughly drew back in with the fine end of the marker, perfect! Next he was cut out and popped up onto dimensionals, to be layered over a piece of Vanilla CS stamped with images from the Nature's Walk stamp set, and then I used my spritzing tool with all 3 of the colours to give an aged effect. The DSP used for this card is called Domestic Goddess, and this card just goes to show that you can use the DSP with any of the stamp sets, so think outside the box.

I hope you'll pop over to see what the rest of the DT have come up with, and give the colours ago yourself! Can't wait to see what you come up with!! xx

3 comments:

Amanda Burditt said...

Great minds think alike! We used the same DSP on our cards! Love that bird! :)

Crafty Loops said...

Beautiful card Kelly. Lee x

Ruth M said...

This is a gorgeous card Kelly, I love your watercoloured birdie! Fab layout too!

Now you know I don't do orange either - but I've used Calypso Coral a couple of times recently and I really like it! * thud *