Saturday 29 October 2011

Simply Stampin' Sketch

Good Morning,

We had some fantastic entries into the Halloween challenge, last week, so lets hope that you'll enjoy this week just as much!

This week is sketch week, and it's a great one. I really like sketches they are the perfect jumping off point when making a card. So here is the sketch for this week.


I have decided to go for a Christmas card, and as I'm in love with my new Mocha Morning DSP I've teamed it with Dasher.


These papers have a really luxurious feel to them with touches of gold, I have used the Brushed Gold CS with them to bring out the gold.
I started by stamping the snowflake image from Winter Post with my Champagne mist shimmer paint (you can't have Christmas without sparkle), next was my toughest job, deciding which if the gorgeous DSP to use! I went with this beautiful stripe in the end, edged with more brushed gold CS. I couldn't resist adding a bit of Glass Glitter for Dasher to stand on!

I can't wait to see want you come up with for this sketch, xx

6 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh, so beautiful in brown! I love non-traditional colours on Christmas cards and the brown gives it a vintage feel, it makes me think of Scrooge and Tiny Tim and Christmases gone by :) (that is meant in a good way!)

I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday darling with all your new crafty bits :) happy birthday again :)

Ruth M said...

What a scrummy card - love all the browns, this card has such a rich and luxurious feel! Fabby! Ruth x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love how rich and sparkly this is Kelly - and what could be more perfect for Christmas than chocolate and glitter?!! Thanks for your lovely comment yesterday! Vx

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love how you have placed Dasher on glass glitter! Such an elegant and classy card!

Helen said...

Oooh lovely chocolate for Christmas. Just received this paper in an order so am itching to use it!

Sarn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS x