Sunday 18 September 2011

Colour Q Sail Away

Hi!

I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges, a colour combo from Colour Q and a sketch from Simply Stampin. When I first saw the colours I wasn't quite sure how I was going to put them all together, I was fine with the green blue and grey, it was the red that threw me.

However when I popped over to check out this weeks challenge at Simply stampin they had a great sketch and I knew that the strips along the bottom would be a great way to use all the colours!

I have changed the sketch just a little bit, I wanted to make a masculine card and I wasn't sure about the scallop trim along the bottom of the image panel so instead I've added a little row of jumbo eyelets.
I can't believe that I haven't used this stamp before, I've had it for ages!



Now it's seen ink once I'm sure I'll be reaching for it more often, I've seen it used in so many different ways!

See you again soon, xx

3 comments:

artfulstampin said...

Great man card!

Sian Ridley said...

Those eyelets are like portholes, how very apt!! It's probably just my brain that sees them that way :)

You're good at these masculine cards aren't you-not too jealous!!! ;)

Simply Stampin Challenge said...

Great card, I really love these colours together - they work really well! Also love your use of the eyelets. Thanks for joining us at the Simply Stampin' Challenge this week, Niki x