Wednesday 20 July 2011

Simply Stampin' sketch week

Hiya,

Last week I was uploading my Simply Stampin' challenge entry at the very last minute and I'm not quite sure I made it in time. So this week I wanted to make sure that I wasn't trying to get it on in the last 10 mins before closing.

Sketch week is here again, and here is the sketch we've been set to work with,


I love that they've kept it simple so it gives a lot of scope to do your own thing with.

I decided that I wasn't using my Springtime Vintage DSP nearly enough so I thought I would choose a paper and work my colour scheme around it.


I have used the ruffled ribbon as one of my elements (not sure if I like it still though, maybe needs a little tweaking) and an embossed butterfly for the other, whilst making use of my eyelet border punch for the horizontal layers.
I love the Curly Cute greeting set, so went with Happy Birthday for my greeting. I love that SU! products all colour co-ordinate it made it very easy to put out the same colours to layer up with and ribbon matching too.

I hope the girls like my entry and that you do to.
Happy stampin' xx

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I am hoping to get that flutterby die myself :o)
Jackie xx

Caroline said...

I don't just like your entry, I LOVE it! i adore the Springtime Vintage papers and the seam binding ribbons, plus i must treat myself to those butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin Challenge. x

G Peplow said...

Hi There, Kelly, Pretty card, the butterfly is a beautiful addition, Gay xxx

cardsandacuppa said...

Oh yes, I certainly do! I adore these papers, I think people may be sick of me using them so much ;-) better get playing with yours more before they retire! lol!
And you have used my fabourite sentiment set too :-D
Thanks for joining in at Simply Stampin' Challenges,
Hugs xxx

Allie Jolliffe said...

I love that triple punched border! Gorgeous.

Ruth M said...

Very pretty Kelly, great job with the sketch!