Monday 30 May 2011

Splash of Green

Hello again,

well it's raining here, and I only have 11 days till moving day so I'm getting in all the crafting that I can before I have to pack up, hopefully I'll have room in the stop-gap to have my desk out while we're looking for our own place, otherwise I may go completely mad!

I decided to play along with another challenge, (another one! I hear you cry) I really do love challenges, and I have to get my fix while I can! This time it's the Play Date Cafe which is another colour challenge.


 The focus this week is black, white and a splash of green, I have been asked to make a few cards so this challenge gave me the inspiration for this card.


I have chosen the in-colour Pear Pizazz for my splash of green, I really love this shade, it's quite vibrant without being too OTT, I also coloured some rhinestones with a pro-marker to tint them.

I hope that I haven't used too much green for it to be considered a splash, it was quite hard to stop once I'd started adding colour.

Goodbye for today xx

10 comments:

Andrea M said...

Such a pretty card Kelly! Perfect pop of green!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely BD card - fab use of the color challenge!

Fiona said...

Kelly this is such a lovely card, and you've done a fab job with the colours! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely card Kelly! Love the butterfly embellishment! The rhinestones add such an elegant touch!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! love the flourishes and the beautiful butterfly.

Karen M said...

What a gorgeous card! The green goes really well with the black...wouldn't have considered that before! xx

Rosietoes said...

Very striking card Kelly. Beautifully crafted.

Edna x

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful card, Kelly! LOVE those stamped flourishes! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Beautifully done--love those flourishes!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the FUN!

kelly d said...

beatiful card well done your blog always inspiring as usual !