Saturday 12 May 2012

Simply Stampin' Colour Challenge

Good morning,

It's time for another challenge over at Simply Stampin' and this week it's a colour challenge, normally I love colour challenges but I must admit when I read these colours out loud I thought, they are NEVER going to work together!!
I set to work and made a card, but when I got the rest of the DT cards through I realised I had used the same set as another of the team, argh! stamps set and same colours, but rather than panic I thought, no it's OK I'll just make another, so here it is


Now I have to confess, Ihave swapped the neutral from white to vanilla, and I have also been a it naughty in that as I used First Edition DSP as my background I have also used black ( the print), but I'm hoping that you and the rest of the team won't mind.

I think I may have got a little carried away but once I'd started I found it very hard to stop, I have used, Forever Young, Solid Stripe, and Just Believe for the sentiment, as well as ribbon, brads, pearls, I really think everything I have is on this card.

I hope you like it and I will share my original with you later in the week.

If like me you were a little scared of the colours, I hope you will still give it a go, can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy stamping, xx

5 comments:

Kirei said...

Love the combo of stamps, DSP and embellishments! Definitely not too much at all! Kirei x

Anonymous said...

What an amazing card with lots of details! Love the placement of the pearls and that bow is beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing the original card! Deb

Amanda Burditt said...

All you elements work really well together here Kelly! Especially like the tree stamp to add some texture to the background! xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I have to admit this isn't my favourite choice of colours but you've done a tremendous job Kelly! I love the stamping on the dp. Vicky x

Ruth M said...

Oh my word, stunning, a really gorgeous card with so many delicious details! Fab job Kelly! Ruth x