Sunday, 29 January 2012

Two cards, Three Challenges.

Good morning,

I thought I was time I played along with some challenges, and I thought that I would start off with Less is More, I always find that this challenge does exactly that, challenge me. I don't find simply cards very easy at all, I always want to add something else. I needed to make my boyfriends Valentines card and he is a 'Less is More' kinda guy so I thought the sketch would be perfect.


I pulled out my I (heart) hearts stamp set and a manly Marina Mist ink pad, and start stamping. I cut a section from my stamped page and layered it onto a Crumb Cake base. I scored a line either side of the stamped panel, and couldn't resist adding a tiny piece of ribbon.


I inked around the edges with Choc chip, and added a sentiment from a retired set called 'Loads of Love' and added a heart popped up on a dimensional.

The next card I made was inspired by this months muse over at CASE study another CAS card, here is the card we had to work with,
and I took my colour inspiration from the Play Date Cafe, aren't these colours gorgeously sumptuous!


Very clean and simple, I'm definitely challenging myself today! Here is my take,


The sentiment is from For Everything, it jumped out at me because there were gaps that I could fill in with the same colours I used for stamping the the lower half of the card, The diamond border is from the retired set Plane and Simple, stamped in Perfect Plum, Daffodil Delight, and Island Indigo.

I really enjoyed making these simple cards, I hope you enjoy looking at them.

Don't forget a new colour challenge was set yesterday over at Simply Stampin', I'd love to see what you can do with the colours!

Happy Crafting, xx

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm glad we could be of help with the sketch for your boyfriend's Valentine card... I'm sure he'll love it! It's a great colour combo.
thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa said...

Delightful cards Kelly! I really like the fun diamond pattern on the last one.

Mandi said...

Superb card Kelly
Those hearts looks superb
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Love the blue hearts on your valentine card...so much fun!

Maureen said...

gorgeous take on the inspiration card! Love your version of the stripes...so unique :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, love your take on the pdcc colours, that stamp is gorgeous!

Aileen said...

Two lovely cards Kelly. Both fir their challenges well. x

Suzanne Russell said...

Very cool cards! I love the "Thanks for everything" colors and stamped border.

Aimes said...

Fabulous cards! I love the way you paired the colour challenge with our CASE Study challenge - what a gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Christina said...

Two sweet and simple cards--just my style! I love the way you combined the bold colors on the second card with the fun geometric borders. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study!

Stacy said...

I LOVE the pattern lines across the bottom, thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards, love the LIM one - gorgeous colours xx

Jean Martin said...

These are super cute Kelly!!! Perfect CAS cards! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sian Ridley said...

Oooh, I really like that valentines card! I haven't even thought about what I'm going to do yet!!! That's definitely a manly, yet beautiful looking card-you really have got the masculine card down lately, I am very jealous! And-no sign of red, I am super impressed!!!
I am also jealous that you've got to play along with the CASE study and play date cafe challenges - I miss doing those :(