Friday, 9 September 2011

CASEing with Garden Whimsy

Hello!

I've been nearly all week without doing any crafting, so I had to combine a couple of challenges to get a quick fix, I love this weeks CASE study card, the layout is gorgeous so I have decided to use that with the colour combo from Simply Stampin'.

Here is my creation


I am loving using stitching on my cards at the moment so I sat and stitched the triangle piece onto the Bashful Blue base last night while watching TV, and finished off the details this afternoon.

Here is the gorgeous CASE card


and the colours of the challenge
I have cheated a little because I've used all the colours above plus a little Elegant Eggplant for the sponging on the butterfly and sentiment. I'm so sad to see this set go, it was the very first SU! set I bought and I think the little dotted details are so cute. The sentiment is also retiring it's from a hostess set called Afterthoughts.

Hopefully I'll be back more often over the weekend to share some more cards with you, xx

7 comments:

CraftyLoops said...

These are beautiful cards Kelly. Lee xx

Katina said...

Stunning card Kelly! Love the way you've stamped the butterfly. xx

Aimes said...

Love the inking on your butterfly! So much depth!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh! This card is gorgeous!! I think it might be my favourite of yours yet! (until the next one!) those colours are lovely aren't they! I'm feeling the stitching lately too-I think it adds a nice texture without too much layering :)

Love it! :)

Ruth M said...

Ooooh Kelly, this is a gorgeous card! Very fancy stitching, clever clogs! You won't ever see that on one of my cards - faux all the way for me if there's any stitching to be done LOL!

I really like that layout and feel a CASE coming on!

Congrats on another top 3 at Simply Stampin'! Spookily, you seem to have anticipated this weeks challenge which is butterflies!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Kelly...your take on Julie's design is awesome! I love the papers you chose, especially in those bold colors....beautiful! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

Cristina said...

Ooooh, this CAS take on Julie's card is AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!