Sunday, 28 August 2011

Crisis of Confidence

Hey,

This week at CASE study, the challenge is 'your signature style'. Now you'd think that would be easy, but I have been entering challenges and looking on the web for inspiration for a while now I it found myself thinking what is my style? Hopefully I'm not the only one facing this problem.

While I realise that I put my style into each challenge or CASE card that I make, I had a really hard time making something without a sketch or a theme to work from. So after a lot of thought, I remembered that when I started out a friend at work commented on mosaic cards that I always had fun making. A new blog friend also suggested a monogram card, I do love making personalised cards so I have decided to combine these two ideas. However I have cheated a little as I have taken my colours from a new challenge blog I have found called Our Creative Corner. which this week is 'neutrals with a pop'


I love these colours, I quite often use black and red together but confess I haven't used grey before except for some ribbon. I have added a little Vanilla into the mix, and decided to break out another stamp set that has never seen ink, Cute By The Inch which is a hostess gift.


I finished this one off with ribbon, I always think you should finish a card with ribbon, buttons or both! This card will be for one of the girls at work whose birthday is next month.

That's all for now, but I'm sure with all this bank holiday free time I'll be back again before long, xx

9 comments:

Kellylouj said...

I love this the colour combo is fab x

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is stunning, and no, you definitely aren't the only one to have trouble defining your own style :D

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, Kelly! A beautiful "signature style"! I got your email about the Paper Players....I think one Player is a little late, so it will be up eventually! We have had a hurricane on the US East Coast so some people were affected by that. So glad you were checking for it, though! Have fun!

Katina said...

This is stunning Kelly! I think my style varies from day to day depending on my mood. On thing for sure, I'm definitely a CAS girl!
xx

Sian Ridley said...

See, this is wonderful!! It is very you too! :) there was no need for you to have a crisis in confidence :)

Your friend is going to love this masterpiece :)

Julie said...

Great card and you ended it out with the perfect bow! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study.

cbuswell said...

I love the layout and color combo, wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Anne Marie said...

Kelly, what a beautiful design wth all of the square accents! You relly used the color combo beautifully together, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love how you combined a monogram with mosaic for your signature style! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!