Sunday, 21 August 2011

CASEing Chupa

Good morning,

I was checking the Simply Stampin' blog yesterday morning for the challenge, and was very shocked to be named top 3 for the second week running, so a big thank you to all the ladies, I can't believe it!

Now yesterday I had very good intentions I was going to spend the day at my desk making pretty things, I wanted to start with a combo of the Simply Stampin' challenge  which this week is  'Punch it out' and CASE study and then move onto Viva la verve. I started as planned, it took me ages to choose one of Chupa's cards to CASE her work is truly amazing and inspirational, I narrowed it down it three and chose this one



I liked the pops of colour and the white inked sentiment, so I got out my buttons found three bright ones and picked out some matching CS, I got into trouble when I hit the embossed white flourish in the background, firstly I started but trying to cut out a section from an embossing folder, but this look terrible so I decided just to use a die cut shape without embossing it, and ink the edges instead.


I'm really not sure if I like it. I kept looking at it and thinking there's just something missing, don't you think?

Well this was where my creativity left me, I'm hoping that I'll find my mojo today, maybe it's hiding under all that paper on my desk?! If I find it I may give this challenge another go with one of the other beautiful cards on my Chupa short-list.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

6 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I think your card is lovely! It's a great idea to use the die-cut, I must do this more often myself! Thanks for playing :)

Sian Ridley said...

I really like it, I don't know what you're worried about?! I know if it was me I would have has to add some sparkles, but then I'm a bit of a magpie!! I think it looks lovely as it is darl :)

I think everyone feels like their mojo has taken a hike at the moment-mine certainly has! I find the viva la verve sketches and gallery helps me find where it's hiding :)

xxx

Sian Ridley said...

...and congratulations, again!!! Your mojo can't have gone that far if you're top three AGAIN! :) xxx

CraftyLoops said...

Beautiful cards. Lee xx

Suzanne Russell said...

So pretty! Good job casing Chupa!

cbuswell said...

Great CASE, love the die cut! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!