Friday, 12 August 2011

CASE Study Celebrations Continue....

Good Afternoon!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit my little creative space this week, I have had quite a lot of comments and I have been so thrilled with response.

Last week CASE Study turned one, and they are celebrating all month with twists on the usual challenge layout. This week we have been asked to CASE a player, so who knows someone could be CASE-ing me, that would be so cool! I decided to take a look through the past years winners and choose one from the selection, after looking at lots of beautiful cards I decided upon this beauty made by Monika.


I have kept the layout the same and used the same embossing folder for the centre panel but I have used a colour combo from my Colour Coach.
This card will be for a friend from work, Pam her birthday is later this month. So again I have used the Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set to personalise her card, because a handmade card is special but a personalised one is even more special!


I was talking to a friend this week about the Fine Flourish stamp, and what different techniques you could use it for. I suggested the 'Kissing technique', I think she thought I was having her on, as she'd never heard of it, so I thought I would use it this week on my card. I have applied this technique using the Fine Flourish stamp to my flowers, here's a close up

Do you see the two tone coloured effect? This is the kissing technique. You need a solid image stamp like the flower (but when we looked through the catalogue we found several you could use) and a patterned stamp like the Fine Flourish. You ink up the solid stamp in a lighter colour and the patterned stamp in a darker colour and press them together before stamping the solid image onto your paper. Don't they look pretty! I have stamped two in Pretty in Pink with Melon Mambo over the top and one with Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip over the top. Why don't you give this a try on your next project? Just one quick tip though remember to clean off the stamps between each inking to avoid contaminating your ink pads!

Have a fab weekend, xx

5 comments:

CraftyLoops said...

I love the "kissing technique" and you card is so pretty. Lee xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Kelly! The colors are so rich and the textures are fabulous. Thank you for choosing my card. It's an honor to be an inpsiration to your card. :o)

Cristina said...

How bright and cheery! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Ruth M said...

This is one gorgeous card! What colour cardstocks have you used together? It's a lovely combo! I love how you use that alpha set for personalised cards, such a sweet touch. Broadsheet Alpha is on my list to be ordered next month!

Andrea Ewen said...

A fabulous CASE of Monika's card, the flowers and stems are gorgeous...and the colors are beautiful! Awesome dimension, too! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!