Sunday, 7 August 2011

CASE Study and Sketch Combo

Good Morning!

What a weekend!, my poor little kitty cat Salem has been poorly again, another two trips to the vets this weekend, and my purse is £87 lighter, but he does look a little better this morning so I am glad of that!
Also this afternoon I'm off to meet my sister and future brother-in-law to got ideas for what they would like for their wedding invites before I make up some samples. Of course I will share these with you after they have chosen.

So before I go off to do that this afternoon, I HAD to join in with a challenge or two.

I have decided to combine the CASE Study challenge with the Simply Stampin' challenge.

At CASE study week we have been asked to CASE one of the DT's creations. I have chosen to CASE the super talented Teneale Williams, now I know that my cards will never look as stunning as hers but I thought its something to aim for. I chose this card
from Teneale's fabulous gallery of cards, believe me it was a hard decision, while looking through Teneale's blog I have taken lots of notes so no doubt you will be seeing lots of cards inspired by this lady.

I have also combined my inspiration with the sketch at Simply Stampin'.

I have used similar colours to Teneale's card and I have used the same sentiment, stamped image and pearl placement but I have used DSP for my background layers. They are from Lap of Luxury and Elegant Soiree.


While I don't like it as much as Teneale's original it is growing on me, I hope she likes it!! I would love to think that someone would CASE my work.

Well see you again soon, xx

16 comments:

Kirei said...

Love the mix of patterned papers that you have used, very pretty card! Thanks for joining in at the Simply Stampin' Challenge!

Kirei x

Katina said...

Kelly, this is beautiful!!!! I absolutely love it! xx

Niki Rowland said...

I think this is a really beautiful card, well CASEd and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x

CraftyLoops said...

Wow Kelly these are beautiful and a lovely layout too. Lee x

Kellylouj said...

wow this is so elegant I love it x

Sian Ridley said...

Hey ya!
I really love your CASE of Teneale's card - I am not at all brave enough to try to CASE Teneale! Our styles are poles apart, although I would love to be able to do what she does. I'm very sure that you've done her proud darl :)
I'm really struggling to pick a card from any of the DT to CASE - I love them all! One is off my list now though because two other people have already done it - it's a help in a way! I am going to get one done today though, even if it kills me!
Hope you're well :) x

Becky said...

This card is gorgeous! I would love to CASE this one of yours!
Thanks for joining in the Simply Stampin' Challenge this week.
Bx

Andrea Ewen said...

What true vintage gorgeousness, Kelly! I love the newsprint heart with the beautiful flowers and that sentiment strip draped across the front...simply fantastic! Thanks for being a part of our first birthday celebration at CASE Study!

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Kelly
mandi x

Sharon said...

This is a lovely take on the challenge using Teneale's card for inspiration. Love the colours - it all works so well.

Thanks for taking part in this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge...x

cbuswell said...

So pretty, great job CASEing Teneale's card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how gorgeous! These two have different layouts, but by using the same colours and stamps, you channelled Teneale's style perfectly! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Caroline said...

I love your card, all the gorgeous colours and layers. I'm a HUGE fan of Tenealle, but your card is just as lovely. Thank you for entering it at Simply Stampin challenge for us all to see!

Sian Ridley said...

Thank you so much for your comment, although I can't take any credit as it was Amy's design :) I only seem to be able to do CAS, I struggle when it comes to adding things! :) x

mamaluke said...

This is so elegant and pretty, good job!

Sarah-Jane said...

Great CASE Kelly, I love the flower on the heart look, a great one :-)
Hugs xx