Saturday, 16 July 2011

Case Study

Happy Saturday,

After all the rain this morning the sun has finally decided to show it's face, although it has decided to bring the wind along with it.

I decided to try and new challenge today called CASE Study, this challenge is a complete change to the normal kind I've had a go at. Each week a gorgeous card is unveiled, and the challenge is to make a card of your own using the challenge card as your inspiration. The trouble is the cards are so beautiful that I've always thought that mine won't  be up to scratch, but then that's why it's called a challenge!

So I bit the bullet and decided to give it a go. Here is this weeks Muse,


Isn't it elegant yet simple all at the same time?!

Well as I say I've given it a go, so here is my take on this stunner.


I really liked the natural colouring so I picked a neutral colour that I thought was similar Sahara Sand, looked it up in my Colour Coach (think this toy is going to be my new best friend!) and one of the combos it suggested was wonderfully girly, I didn't have the exact colours shown so I've substituted with similar and ended up with the colour combo of Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, and Pretty in Pink.

I loved the leaf theme of the Muse card, so I used this theme for my card as well. I've only ever used Autumn Splendor for autumn colours before but I really like it with a feminine palette too!
I have changed the leaves in the inspirational card into a flower cut using my Fun Flowers die, and Razzleberry and Pink leaves. I finished it off with a birthday greeting from Curly Cute.

I love the thought of being CASE'd by others, but for now I'll just stick to trying out this challenge. Hope you will pop over and see what you can do with it. xx

6 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, love the soft colours :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! Kelly - I'd say your card is definitely up to scratch! These leaves are from one of my favourite sets and I love them in these soft colours. Your flower and the little leaves are the perfect embellishments. Vx

Thank you for your lovely comments about my blog!

Folly said...

Kelly, this is a lovely take on the Muse card. I love the leaves and I love the colour combination you chose. Very pretty.
Michelle.

Sian Ridley said...

I know exactly what you mean! I saw this card to be CASE'd and was totally inspired by it, but daunted at the same time! I thought like you though-that's what makes it a challenge!
You have done justice to Dawn's card-it's wonderfully, subtly girly, I like it! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fabulous card! Great colours!

Sian Ridley said...

Thank you for saying that about the twine - my other half said it looked ridiculous, he said it looked like I'd just grabbed it out of the garden! I mean, how rude?! I liked it though so I left it :)
It was my first go at the challenge too - as you might have noticed I have only been blogging for just over a week, so it's my first stab at any challenges! Well, I thought I'd just throw myself in at the deep end!
I am definitely planning on having another go this week - I have followed the CASE Study challenge for ages, even though I couldn't enter it - I love it!

Good luck this week, keep in touch :) (sorry about the essay!) x