Friday, 22 July 2011

CASE Study challenge 49

Good Afternoon,

Last week I entered the CASE Study challenge, and although I didn't win, I really enjoyed this challenge. So I thought I'd pop over and see what this weeks inspiration card was, take a look!


Isn't the background gorgeously striking?! I instantly knew what I wanted to do for my take on this week's muse card.

I brayered the inside of an embossing folder with Sahara Sand ink before running it through my Big Shot with Vanilla CS inside, if you haven't tried it yet go do it now, it gives a great wallpaper effect! I've also used some of the fabulous wide striped Night of Navy ribbon across the centre, and a button tied with linen thread, which I remembered I had after seeing it used beautifully on another entrant (Sian's) card last week.



This is another tweaked Colour Coach colour combo, I'm really loving the way this tool has given me the ability to use other colour combos that I would have never thought of! I have also dusted off a set that hasn't been used for some time (no pun intended) Sense of Time, the sentiment and the cogs that I have 'stamped off' before stamping again onto the Vanilla background, are both from this set.

I'm not great at masculine cards, and I think that this one is a unisex card, so I'm very pleased with myself.

Hope you have a great weekend, xx

7 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

I really like this colour combination - I don't know about you, but I tend to get a combination that I'm happy with and then use it to death!

Ooh, I can't believe you gave me a mention, I'm very humbled :)

I tried that technique the other day too actually, and although it didn't turn out quite the way I'd imagined I was surprisingly pleased with the outcome, and it's fun! I don't have a brayer so it was ink pad straight to embossing folder, might have something to do with it not looking as it should! Maybe! Yours look just as it should :)

I haven't made my card for this week yet but now I feel like I really ought to pull my finger out - I'm on it! x

Ruth M said...

Ooooh, this is stunning - so, so elegant!

Aileen said...

Very elegant. Must try this techniques sometime. Like the colour choice too. x

Teneale Williams said...

Well done, this card is just so elegant, the colours are just fabulous together and I love how you inked up the embossing folder first. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

Teneale

Theresa said...

Beautifully done! Love the embossing. The sentiment is fabulous.

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous card, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your embossing technique, it really does look like wallpaper, I'll have to give that one a go! Thanks for joining us at Case Study this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oooh gorgeous! Love the texture!!