Saturday, 30 July 2011

CASE study #50

Hello there,

It's already Saturday afternoon, where does the time go? I can't believe that we are nearly into August!!

A fellow SU! demo reminded me the other day that each year with the new catalogue (Oct 1st, cant wait!!) all of the current designer series paper packs usually retire. I love patterned paper, I think really I need one to keep, look at and stroke and another to use! So I have decided that really I should use some, instead of hiding it away, hoarding it for another day.

So I'm going to try to use DSP in all of the cards that I show you from now on, they really are far too pretty not to use.

I'm really enjoying the CASE study challenge blog, here is the card posted this week for our inspiration.


 I really love cards with florals, so i wanted to use flowers on mine to, and the hostess set Because I Care is one of my favourites, and not just because it was free!

Here is my version


I'm not entirely happy with it, I think it still needs something, but I'm not sure what. It just doesn't seem balanced. This is another colour combo from the amazing Colour Coach, and as promised I have used some DSP from the Springtime Vintage pack, it's only a small piece but it's a start.

Hope to see you again soon, I have another post scheduled for my mum's birthday tomorrow. xx

6 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

Ah bless ya hun, that's so sweet of you! I haven't had a chance to check out the other entries yet, but I can only assume there aren't many on there! Ha ha!
I'm sorry you have the same feeling about your card this time round-I think it's really pretty! I love hydrangeas! I don't have any floral stamps, must rectify that at some point! You've used such pretty colours too, you should be pleased with your card :) and definitely take a look at pdcc, you seem to have the girly colour thing down, unlike myself! Ha ha! x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

WOW - I love these two gorgeous floral cards. FAB.

Hugs, Sandra

Aimes said...

Well I think it looks super pretty - love the way that deep blue border stands out!
If you feel like something is missing (IMHO I think it's lovely as it is!) then maybe you could try adding a sentiment?
Thanks for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a pretty card! I love your colour combo, quite unconventional but totally works :)

Sue Kohler said...

I think it is perfect just the way it is, the blue boarder is a fabulous contrast!
Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully feminine, that hydrangea stamp is just marvelous and the perfect shade of peach! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!